Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sept4, 2013

As I sit in the quad alone I look around. I had no intention of stopping here, but the weather and my need of a place to relax for a few minutes drew me here. I'm glad I did. As I sit here taking all of this in, I see God in every detail. I take in everything going on around me, the beautiful surroundings. I see God's work and am amazed. I don't mean the buildings or even the occasional person walking by. I see the different trees, the grass, the sunlight sparking through the branches as the wind blows, I hear a mixture of birds and bugs, and see leaves fall to the ground as their time comes to an end. But beyond these things I hear life going on as normal. Cars driving by, people talking on there way to their own destinations, the bell tower going off, and a marching band practicing in the distance. So many sights and sounds of life going on around me. I feel so blessed and am thankful for my life. I need to remember this feeling more often, to appreciate the little things, to see all the wonderful things that are right in the world. I dread leaving this little spot of mine and having to go back to the busy and stressful day ahead of me, but I take all this with me and I know that this will always be here. Maybe not this exact spot, but if I just stop and take a moment and look around it will be there.

My suggestion is to do this as often as you can. Whether it's just for a minute or for an hour, take the time to just relax. Go outside and appreciate the things around you.

~Cait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment