Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sept5, 2013

Hello there. As you can probably guess, I am back at school. It's so different around here with almost everyone graduated. I wasn't sure how this year was going to be with so many people gone, but so far it's been very good and I think it's going to be a very good year.

I have officially changed my major to physics. I'm taking a physics class, two astronomy classes, and French. So far I am really liking my classes. I am doing much better! I am feeling motivated and really trying to do my best. I had my first test of the semester last week, in French, and got an A! I know it may not seem like a big deal, but compared to last year it's amazing. I am going to all my classes, doing all my homework, even doing the assigned reading. Well, okay some of it. Let's not push it. Have you ever tried reading a physics book? Yeah, not easy. I've really turned things around though, and I'm excited to show people I can do well.

I've also really been getting involved with the Revolution, the church I go to on campus. If any of you have read some of my previous blogs, especially from three years ago, then you know how different things have been for me recently. Basically, three years ago I was not doing too well. I was depressed, and just going through a really rough time. My friend Chad got me going to the Revo toward the end of that school year and I've been going ever since. I wasn't really involved though, I just went to church on Sundays. This year has been very different. I helped hand out cards for them during opening week as they handed out snow cones, I hung out with a few of them at Quad Bash, went tailgating with them, and then when I couldn't go to church that first Sunday before classes I still went to the picnic and then hung out with a bunch of them as they played ultimate frisbee and then a few of us went to Berry Winkle. They even walked there so I could go too. It's been a lot of fun. Tonight I went to house church for the first time. I was kind of nervous, but excited at the same time. I had a great time. I didn't know what it was going to be like. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail because I'm going to start a new blog just for this stuff but I just wanted to say how happy I am to be doing all this with this church. I love it and am so glad that this came into my life when it did!

~Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment